top of page

Equal Lives is unable to provide an emergency crisis service. We may be able to signpost you to somewhere that can help. 

You can get access to a food parcel with a referral to your local foodbank. You can get a referral from a range of professionals (such as doctors, health visitors, social workers) who identify people in crisis and issue them with a food bank voucher, which provides 3 days’ worth of emergency food. Equal Lives can issue vouchers for Norfolk Food banks. Call us on 01508 491210 if you need a foodbank voucher. 


Norfolk Assistance Scheme
If you’re going through a period of crisis or are a vulnerable person, the Norfolk Assistance Scheme can help you get the ongoing support you need and help you get essential household items. Visit the website to apply and find out more. 


Norfolk Police
Call 101 for non-urgent enquiries and always ring 999 in an emergency. 

Norfolk County Council
Can provide access to advice and support about a range of issues such as arranging support at home for those in urgent need and advising on safeguarding concerns. Call 0344 800 8020 or visit


Swift response
If you have urgent, unplanned care needs, for example if you have fallen but are unhurt, Swift Response service operates 24 hours a day and is free for Norfolk residents over the age of 18.  Call 0344 800 8020.

Samaritans offer confidential and non-judgmental emotional support whenever you need someone to talk to.
Call: 08457 90 90 90


MIND run a free phone support line from 4pm to midnight Monday to Friday, and 10am to midnight on Saturday and Sunday.   They will offer coping strategies, emotional support, practical advice and signposting, and will also refer on to the Crisis Team if appropriate.
Call: 0808 802 0208

ChildLine Provides information, advice and a counselling service for children and young people. You can also call the helpline if you are an adult worried about a child.
Call: 0800 1111

NHS 111 Provides urgent medical help or advice when it isn’t a life-threatening situation.
Call: 111

Change Grow Live run the Norfolk Alcohol and Drug Behaviour Change Service, which is a free and confidential service for adults, families, carers and affected others.
Call: 01603 514096

Victim Support provides information, advice and support.
Call: 0300 3030 165

Leeway provides information, advice and support to people who are affected by domestic abuse.
Call: 0845 2412171 

Shelter offers advice and support about a wide range of housing issues.
Call: 0330 175 5121

Gender Neutral_No visible disability_sit

Crisis Support

bottom of page